Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 54

Re: Fibre Broadband Outages - Help Needed

Go to solution
Thamk you imjolly.
I had an online chat and after a looong time the issue has been handed over for a further visit I believe. Just waiting confirmation
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 54

Go to solution

@ChoobDriver wrote:
He didn't go up the pole at all.

Also I don't own a landline but presumably the engineer checked what you suggest. Though this is pure assumption on my part

Plugging a phone in will prove the fault, and may even break down any bad connections which will not show up on a line test. Its the most basic check to perform.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 54

Go to solution

Hi,

a little update. My line has been stable for 24 hours now. Speeds are back to 65mbps down 18mbps up.

I am wondering if all along my Openreach HG612 has developed a problem after years of faultless service.

because not knowing bugs me I decided to hook my old equipment up and line sync immediately dropped back to 22mbps down. I swapped out my Airport Extreme 802.11AC for an Airport Extreme 802.11N and no change.

In order to avoid getting an aged and potentially dodgy replacement modem of ebay can anyone recommend the best replacement modem. From what I have read here and there some chipsets work better with BT Fibre than others but that is others opinions and may be wrong.

I want to get back to using my Airport router as it just works better for me.

lots of thanks to you all

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 54

Go to solution

And my internet is back to a constant cycle of connections and disconnections.

a bloody week spent trying to sort this with the muppets at BT only to be constantly told 'Wait a few days, it'll settle'. Well it damned well hasn't.

i won't be renewing my contract in April

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 54

Go to solution

It's the weather, simple as that. It would've affected all ISPs. So next time it happens after you have left BT it will  come back & bite you wherever you are.

My day-in-day-out normally stable & quiet line stated playing up just over a week ago (I think) at the start of the bad weather with constant disconnections & noises on the line. I did not call in my ISP in but lived with it as it was obvious to me that the bad weather was at the bottom of it. My BB was pretty usable with the odd minute wait for it to come back.

Now as of today my line has been up for 2 days without any disconnections & a silent QLT. Speed is a few 100K down. Only trouble is, not unexpectedly, DLM has moved me from Fast Path to Interleaved due to the abnormal number of disconnections in a short space of time. Just waiting for it to relent.

So I think I was justified in waiting it out & not bothering my ISP with a nationwide problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 54

Go to solution

Well 9 days on and my uptime is about 9 minutes a pop. Not what I expect for £55 a month and not my problem either. I just want it fixed. Whatever the issue is I don't care.

or should I just wait indefinitely and pay for the priviledge?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 54

Go to solution

And naturally the connection dropped just trying to reply here.

roll on usable 5G broadband so I can dump this shambolic service

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 54

Go to solution

Is there anything I need to do to maybe get one of the mods involved.

I think the biggest issue right now is so many people are involved as everytime I make contact it's someone else dealing with it that the actual diagnosis isn't getting done.

there was another thread where a user had the exact same problem as mine that was apparently solved by something called a 'lift and shift' whatever that is. Does that sounds like a plausible fix here to?

here is a link where the user describes the engineers actions as well as that of others.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-SmartHub6-Connection-Routinely-Dropping/td-p/16863...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 54

Go to solution

Posting these in case there is anything in there that offers a clue

32869D0B-B7AA-4BE7-9A66-1E8FE6660CB3.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 54