cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Fibre Broadband availability wrong

Hi all!

I'm looking to purchase BT Fibre 2, however the BT website only shows BT Fibre 1 as available.

I expect this is due to the BT Wholesale checker having the incorrect speed data, see below, along with stats from my HG612.

My question is, how do I go about getting this corrected and BT Fibre 2 ordered?

Thanks!

SaltyW123_3-1647212632602.pngSaltyW123_4-1647212722511.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fibre Broadband availability wrong

According to the stats you have posted you already have fibre 2. Your current download speed is  75Mb.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Apologies,

I should clarify that I'm currently a Sky customer on their up to 76mb product, looking on BT's website to order fibre I only get the option to purchase Fibre 1, see below.

SaltyW123_0-1647244206037.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Probably a capacity issue, as the Openreach cabinets do have a limited backhaul connection and most likely cannot support another fibre 2 connection. You may be able to upgrade to fibre 2, once you are a BT Retail customer.

This is not really a BT Retail Customer issue as you are a Sky customer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Yep, I was hoping that it was perhaps an issue with BT's system, since I appear to be able to order 76mb broadband from all other providers except BT.

I was hoping to switch to BT, given the recent issues Sky has had, and the price increase giving me an early way out of the contract.

I guess it is not to be 💔

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

If other providers can offer Fibre 2, then its most likely an issue with the BT Retail database not reflecting the correct status.

You will most likely find you can order Fibre 2, once you move away from Sky, who are an LLU provider who rent their own cable pairs from Openreach, so BT Retail would not have any recorded data for your line at the moment, so is assuming only  Fibre 1.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Thank you for that information.

The plot thickens however as Sky, nor any other provider, has unbundled my local exchange.

I can't order from TalkTalk or NowTV for example as a result.

And there's also the fact that my information appears on the BT Wholesale database, including an "Observed Speed" taken during my time with Sky, which I gather would not be there if Sky had unbundled my connection as it'd be using their system and not BT Wholesale's?

I can however order the 76mb broadband from both PlusNet and EE, which I find quite surprising as they're both BT consumer by different names.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

No idea, all you can do is to place your order with BT Retail, and see how it goes.

If you intend to use another provider, then this forum cannot help, and you would need to ask on your chosen provider`s own forum.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

If you dial 17070 what sort of AVR response do you get , on a WLR ( BTw type line ) the announcement is along the lines of ‘this circuit is defined as 01***, ******, Openreach line test facility’ on Sky the announcement is different, AFAIK, Sky Sky ‘sold off’ all their ‘off net’ , shared metallic path ( SMPF ) customers to another ISP , chosing to concentrate only on their MPF ( full LLU ) customers .
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

That's the interesting thing, I get the announcement as you note, ending with "Welcome to your Openreach line test facilities", so it's definitely WLR.

And I can tell it's definitely Sky Fibre as I have my own router, so I have to jump through their 'MER' DHCP hoops rather than just use PPPoE.

I think it's perhaps only ADSL SMPF they no longer service, as I can't order an ADSL service from them, only VDSL fibre.

I'm almost certain Sky hasn't unbundled my exchange, you can check if you like, it's Southerndown (SWSMX).

0 Ratings