Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Fibre Broadband low speed in evening

Go to solution

For the last 10 days have had very low speeds from around 7.30 pm.  Had similar problems back in April after joining in March but speed went back to normal after mod from here got involved and sorted it out with the exchange. I would be grateful if a mod or someone else could look at these stats. It impossible to watch netflix or for children to listen to spotify or play games due to low speeds.

ThanksTest Results 2018-08-22 22.38.15.pngAvailability Checker 2018-08-22 22.47.18.pngHub Info 2018-08-22 22.53.22.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fibre Broadband low speed in evening

Go to solution

Hi @cymrobach1,

I'm sorry you're seeing a slow down during peak times. I've had a look an I'm not seeing any know issues at your exchange. To get this investigated, I'll need to run a few more checks on your line.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for replying. In work at the moment, will send details over late afternoon.
0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Contact made via message

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @cymrobach1 Thanks for sending over your details and I'm really sorry to see that your connection is running slowly in the evenings.

I tried calling there but I missed you, I've ran a few checks and I can confirm that the SVLAN that your broadband connection goes through is currently affected by congestion. This has been acknowledged by BT Wholesale and they have plans in place in increase capacity on the 21/09/18.  I will see if Wholesale can do anything to temporarily resolve this in the meantime but I won't have any updates for you until Wednesday due to the bank holiday weekend.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Hi Neil. Just missed your call. I would be grateful if this could be sorted as last night the download speed dropped to 7.5 which is unacceptable and makes it impossible for our household to watch things at the same time
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

As @NeilO has stated he will contact BTWholesale to try and get you moved to a less congested SVLAN at the exchange.

With it being a bank holiday weekend nothing can be done until Tuesday at the earliest. He will get your sorted as soon as possible though.

cymrobach1
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Hi. I was not having a pop at Neil and hope it didn't come across that way.
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

It didn't so don't worry. He will get you sorted ASAP.

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@cymrobach1 Sorry about the delay getting back to you, I called there but missed you. I was calling to let you know that BT Wholesale have made arrangements to move your connection to a SVLAN that's not congested. This should happen overnight and I hope that it will resolve the connection speed problems you are experiencing.

Can you do another speed test tomorrow evening and post the results?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings