Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay-Cl
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre Cabinet Problem.

Afternoon ladies and gents,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'll give it a bash anyways and if it's wrong hopefully someone will direct me to the right place.

So i have been waiting to get fibre broadband from bt for quite some time. I actually got in contact with them in January about when my cabinet would be ready(it said at that point it was ongoing). I recieved an email back saying that all going to plan the cabinet should be going live end of March. So March passes and nothing. This is understandable as lots things can cause delays so i've been steadily checking back on it through the postcode checker to see if it is live yet with no luck.

This is until last week when i went to check it and the cabinet has now completely disapeared. I tried to fire an email to BT about it but the email address that i used for the first correspondence seems to be down.

I was hoping if anyone who works for BT could give me some information about the cabinet, if it's still being worked on and going live or if they have pulled the plug on it.

The information is Cabinet P34, Kirkintilloch, Scotland. My postcode is G663SJ.

If anyone could do the courtesy of checking this out for me i would be extremely grateful.

All the best,

Jamie.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre Cabinet Problem.

your post code on the checker does not show any fibre availability  enter your phone number here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

or try this http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 3 of 6

Hi

The BT Wholesale database is now showing a placeholder date of 31 Dec 14 for the DSLAM cabinet for PCP34 KIRKINTILLOCH exchange.

It also has a message saying " FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us."

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Jay-Cl
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Evening ImJolly,

It's a bit weird that it doesn't have any fibre availability when up until last week when i done the where and when postcode checker it was always there as like a poll with a yellow thing on the end of it. As i said though, it seems to have completeley disapeared. I thought it might be because the site seemed to be in beta but that seems very unlikely.

0 Ratings
Jay-Cl
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jac_95,

Thank you for checking that out for me, at least it still seems to be in existence which is something. Hopefully the placeholder will be updated soon with an actual go live date and hopefully they haven't pulled the plug on it. Been waiting for this for ages!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Unless you can see a new cabinet for fibre near your existing cabinet then fibre is months away at earliest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings