cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre Constantly Dropping

We've been having an issue the last couple of days with our Fibre BB dropping for maybe a minute or so before reconnecting. It's getting pretty frustrating - but the troubleshooter shows no issues. When it is connected, speeds are now ludicrously low (I'm guessing from the constant dropping?). 

Is there anything in particular I can try? 

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+1901000279

Firmware version:v0.17.01.12312-BT

Firmware updated:Sun Jun 21 11:43:48 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours00 Mins13 Secs

Data rate:478 Kbps / 44.733 Mbps

Maximum data rate:418 Kbps / 47.595 Mbps

Noise margin:3.7 / 5.5

Line attenuation:5.8 / 19.2

Signal attenuation:5.7 / 22.8

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:0.2 MB Uploaded  / 0.6 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel36)

Wireless security:WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:On

MAC address:78:DD:12:0C:4A:F2

Software variant:-

Boot loader:0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Constantly Dropping

can you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent.  maybe a dull hum if you are still using a cordless phone

have you tried connecting to test socket with filter and leaving it and see if the connection stabilises

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

I've checked and the line is silent using the quiet line test. 

This is the only socket we've got - do I need to open it up to access the test socket?

IMG_20200704_140706a.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi, The problem your having is the exact same thing im experiencing. I'd highly recommend you contact bt through their live chat and hope you speak to english advsior, my experience with foreign advisors is shocking as they tend to constantly lie. Speaking to an advsior through live chat is faster as they can instantly check your connection. You'd be waiting a while posting on here for answers. My guess is the problem lies outside in your property so would need a engineer visit

Message 5 of 8

replies a not long as suggested by @Joseph90  when it is connection problems but when it comes to gaming and problems with latency and ping the number who reply to these type of questions are far less and as it is a customer forum people post as and when they want also only if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@MrsJCP 

that is master socket and if you undo the screws and take of front you can then see the test socket.  then insert a filter and then connect your hub to filter and leave it and see if that helps your stability

Message 7 of 8

Thanks imjolly - I'll give that a go and see what happens to the connection for a couple of days.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Either way your probably looking at a engineer visit. If you connect to the test socket and your stability issues are fixed then the problem lies with the wiring inside your property and would be charged for the engineer to fix it(damaged wiring). If your stability issues perist when using the test socket then the issue lies in BT's network as is in the majority of problems. In both instances an engineer would be required. Or it could be a faulty superhub of course. Don't you have a spare one to check?

0 Ratings