cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark17503
Message 1 of 8

Fibre Installation - Constantly Missed Dates

Can somebody advise who I need to speak to in order to escalate a complaint?

I ordered BT fibre back at the stat of June and was told it would be installed and ready by the 26th June. A couple of days before I was told they needed to do some more work and that it wouldn't be ready....

BT gave me a new date.... guess what? Again, a date missed.

Another date followed, guess what? Another date missed.

BT finally sent some contractors last week, they did 1 day's work and then left my driveway in a state, no cables pulled through and despite a week's worth of me chasing, nobody has arrived back to finish the work. Was told they would turn up today, but guess what? Another date missed....

I have an active complaint open but I'm told nobody will contact me until the service is installed.

Has anyone else experienced this diabolical customer service?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Installation - Constantly Missed Dates

Is it FTTP you are having installed or FTTC? Put your number in HERE and post the result, remove your number before posting.

0 Ratings
mark17503
Message 3 of 8

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP Install Process

WBC FTTP Upto 330 Upto 50 -- Available KCI2 Assure --
ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 11 -- 10 to 12 Available -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 11 Up to 0.5 10 to 12 Available -- --
ADSL Max Up to 0.5 -- 0.25 to 1.5 Available -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- --
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available -- --
BET Up to 2 -- -- Available -- --
Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --
Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U
VRI --
NTEFaceplate --
Last Test Date --
Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 11-Nov-2014; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.
0 Ratings
mark17503
Message 4 of 8

I don't know the difference between FTTP and FTTC
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

FTTP-Fibre to the premises

FTTC -Fibre to the cabinet.

If you follow the instructions in my previous post we will know what you are getting and be better placed to help you.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

The Civils Team don’t do the cabling. 

They just do the dig and duct work. Once they’ve got that done a Step 1 Task will be arranged to get the Fibre Tube (if Legacy Fibre) or the Connectorised Fibre Cable to be put in. This would usually done by Kelly’s Comms or Openreach.

Once that’s done then the job will be sent back to BT for a Step 2 Installation Appointment to be arranged.

0 Ratings
mark17503
Message 7 of 8

Makes no difference what team it is. Quite frankly, I don’t really care whether it’s a Civils team or a cabling team.

The point is they’ve constantly missed the appointment dates and times. The ‘ case Manager’ assigned to it never answers her phone.

Im actually cancelling the order tomorrow. 

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Civils Teams don’t work by appointment.

The only time you’d need one of those is for the Installation because that’s the only time they’ll need access to fit the ONT.

0 Ratings