Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
busabr1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Fibre Installation Question

Hello

Before Christmas we had  contractors run fibre for Openreach to a forthcoming housing development next door to my house. They added a junction box outside my property. The chaps who installed this advised that the fibre was ready and FTTP could be easily run. BT currently say that there is currently no fibre at the junction box. I am confused as we have been told that there is fibre from the exchange to the junction box and the final leg fibre has been run for the new development. Why can we not get fibre if it is available? BT state that this is not available for our year old development. I been informed by the contactors who ran the fibre that its ready but BT and Openreach advise its not.

Help advise is needed as some folk who have BT copper only get speeds of 500k

Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Fibre Installation Question

Welcome to this user forum.

Try calling the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

from previous posts and dslchecker result are you currently on FTTC?

have you tried running the dslchecker again to see if any update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
busabr1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Hello

we have normal BT Broadband no fibre 

I have run the DSLChecker and get FTTP is not available

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

from a previous post message 15  https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Am-I-being-capped/td-p/1775899/page/2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
busabr1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Hi Imjolly

not sure why this has been posted? Could you explain?

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Am-I-being-capped/td-p/1775899/page/2 

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

the link I posted was from a previous post you made which included dslchecker result which showed FTTC available  so I was asking if you had FTTC

0 Ratings
busabr1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Oh ok  thanks, nope only standard BT Broadband. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

can you run dslchecker again and post results to compare with your previous post

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 19

Sounds like the Fibre they’ve put in is for another Phase of the Development and not yours.

Just because it’s outside your house it doesn’t mean it’s available to you.

Also what exactly is in the Joint Box???? It may just be the Aggregation Node that’ll Service the Splitters needed for the new Phase of the Development.
0 Ratings