Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Fibre - New Build Property, Issues - Please Help

Go to solution

Hi all,

Hope you can help, in a few weeks I am moving to a new build property, where the site developers have confirmed all properties on the development will have FTTC. This is phase 2 of the development, and all Phase 1 properties (e.g. those that finished being built earlier in the year) - you can order fibre for. ; as does the entirity of the town at present.  However, on Openreach's checker / BT availability - it still shows only the non-fibre options as being able to purchase.

I spoke to an online BT agent a short while ago, who said that if I order the non-fibre option, then register my interest in fibre, it should be moved over onto a fibre plan within 20-25 days - I've never heard of such a thing though??

I don't mind being without fibre for a month, but don't want to be without it long term. Can anyone help please / advise if they've been in a similar situation?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre - New Build Property, Issues - Please Help

Go to solution

Are you sure its FTTC and not FTTP (Fibre to the Premises), as most new builds have direct fibre into the property. The developer would be aware of this.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi Keith, yep checked with the developer - it's FTTC; as it's a relatively small town, and as such FTTP isn't available.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Until you have an active phone line the database connot be updated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@tgi91 wrote:
Hi Keith, yep checked with the developer - it's FTTC; as it's a relatively small town, and as such FTTP isn't available.

As @pippincp has said, you will need to order a phone line first.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for this, so I assume then that when I have an active phone line - the database would then be updated to provision for fibre services if they are available as the developer has outlined.

I would then be able to naturally upgrade to fibre once the database has been updated?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@tgi91 wrote:
Thanks for this, so I assume then that when I have an active phone line - the database would then be updated to provision for fibre services if they are available as the developer has outlined.

I would then be able to naturally upgrade to fibre once the database has been updated?

Provided there is capacity on the cabinet you are connected to.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

yes once you have an active phone line then you will appear on openreach database and ISPs will then be able to see what is available to your phone line  you can then order fibre if availabe

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks so much for your help all. More answers here in 10 minutes than I'd had so far from the ISP's so your help is gratefully received!

0 Ratings