cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rawlins99
Message 1 of 3

Fibre Optic Problems!

Hi-just a quick one, ive been stumbling along for the last year and a half with a fbre optic broadband speed of......10mb!(Ishould be receiving 18-26mb) I've tried my upmost to get an openreach engineer to come and have a look but BT have said its more than likely a problem with my setup/internal wiring.

Well last night I decided to investigate further and outside my house I have a very old and tired bt junction box type thing, and I was shocked to see the state of it and tghe fact its exposed to the elements! Is this more than likely the problem for my slow speeds and will Bt be responsible for replacing it(or could I do it myself?)?? Any help would be greatly appreciatedOptimized-PHONE 004.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre Optic Problems!

have you plugged a known working corded phone direct into the test point of your main phone socket and checked for noise on the line?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Block66b
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre Optic Problems!

Is the black cable with the Orange/White and Green/Back the one going to the socket?

I think the cable it's crimped to looks like a drop wire 6......... If it is that needs changing....... It's an untwisted copper coated steel pair, the insulation on them becomes extremely brittle over time and breaks down.........
0 Ratings