cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahJB
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Optic

Upgraded to FO in May2019.  Ever since then had constant problems of the  internet being unstable, disconnecting and dropping speed.  Had engineers out 3 times since May.  Last time they never came out as they allegedly ‘fixed’ the problem outside our house.  Had numerous chats with the Indian online chat centre where I’ve been promised/assured/guaranteed the problem would be sorted.  Also been told that I would be getting a reduction in my future (next month) bills - NOT HAPPENED!   The problem still is ongoing (even after they ‘fixed’ it last week!).  What are my rights regarding getting a reduction in my months payment considering I’m paying £39.99 for a service I am not getting!  I’m sure I read somewhere that if the problem hasn’t been resolved within 30 days then BT (allegedly) give you £20 back?  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Optic

@SarahJBwrote:

What are my rights regarding getting a reduction in my months payment considering I’m paying £39.99 for a service I am not getting!  I’m sure I read somewhere that if the problem hasn’t been resolved within 30 days then BT (allegedly) give you £20 back?  

When you upgraded to fibre, you would of been given an estimated download range and a stayfast/guaranteed speed, if your speed is below the guaranteed minimum, you have to give BT 30 days to fix it, if they can't then you may be able to exit your contract without penalty, you'll also be able to claim a £20 pre-paid card, whether you choose to leave BT or not.

Full details can be found at I'm not getting the expected Stay Fast Guarantee or minimum broadband speed

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 5

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log/information.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Also do a quiet line test (best with corded phone) 17070 option 2.

Enter you phone number HERE and post result, remove phone number first.

Your guaranteed speed is sync speed not throughput.

0 Ratings
SarahJB
Message 4 of 5

FO installed 2/5.  Engineer out 7/5 as slow speed.  25/6 engineer out again as slow speed and internet keeps dropping out.  28/6 new router sent out.  Nothing reported in July as house was empty (all away on hols).  14/8 fault reported again.  Slow speed and internet dropping out.  29/8 engineer ‘fixed’ problem outside the house.  3/9 same fault again.  Indian online chat centre useless.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Could you post the requested information please

0 Ratings