Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alcan16
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Fibre Order Pantomime

I thought BT would have got their act together after a bad experience a number of years ago, I thought not!!!!
Im going to try and keep this short, however that may be hard!!
About 3 months ago I was advised by a BT Engineer (who called to check my copper Plusnet BB) to place a Fibre to house BB order. He said there were fibre junctions at each pole and it was a easy install & setup. I made the order and here's what happened; 3 months+ on ive had at least 6 promised & failed install dates, endless technical problems (excuses) outlined, BT telling me there is no fibre in my area! Asking numerous times if I had a junction box to the front of my house. Saying they were installing next week (me saying there not even a fibre line installed, they said there was!). The excuses & delays are endless!!! I have had 2 Openreach surveys done, both times the Engineer rang me and said "no problem installing a overhead line, theres no problem, should be quick!!! I have logged yet another complaint (a waste of time). A dedicated BT customer service was allocated to chase "what the issues were", but even She is totally embarssed as she cant even get info & feedback from their own bunch, let alone a install date. They did eventually activate a temp copper BB line (running at 3mb!!). Ive even lost count how may times she has rang me (to tell me nothing). Based on the lack of info and conversations with the Customer Rep, it demonstrates that Openreach and all the other BT units DO NOT TALK TO EACH OTHER, its all a complete joke. I am at the end of my tether. Basically, its the WORST service I have ever experienced from a so called professional business, how they can justify their a easy changeover and the TV adverts is beyond me. Oh, did I say Plusnet got fed up with them also (numerous cancelled changeover dates), resulting them turning me off, resulting I cant work for my business from Home.
How more INCOMPETENT can BT be?????
Any ideas on the way forward Guys or should I just post this on Social Media ????.
PS: this is the short version of the story, sorry for the rant!!!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre Order Pantomime

@Alcan16wrote:
About 3 months ago I was advised by a BT Engineer (who called to check my copper Plusnet BB) to place a Fibre to house BB order. 

One question... Who do you rent your services from?  BT or Plusnet? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 7

@Alcan16wrote:
About 3 months ago I was advised by a BT Engineer (who called to check my copper Plusnet BB)

Hi @Alcan16  Why would a BT Engineer attend to check your Plusnet BB? Surely that would have been an Openreach Engineer. Apologises if I an reading your post wrong, but you do realise that Openreach is not BT Retail (this forum).

Alcan16
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

BT
0 Ratings
Alcan16
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

BT have a responsibility to ensure their products and services are installed efficiently within an acceptable timescale. This certainly isnt the case here. Is the problem BT or Openreach, its anyones guess. The Openreach Engineer has communicated with me directly on two occasions, so I can guess BT are (for whatever reason) badly mis-managing this order (and their Contractors).
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Alcan16,

Can you run https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html for your phone number, or address and post the results after deleting the phone number or address

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

All FTTP issues are dealt with by the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings