Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
em295
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Fibre: Sky Say Yes - BT Say No

Background:

I was hoping to get fibre based high speed Internet access in a new house I'm moving into.

The area postcode is N10 2PD - but I don't have the actual phone number yet (but I know its not currently a BT one)

My Exchange is done and it appears (by running a check on house numbers) half my street is already active with Infinity. 

BT Infinity checker shows "No" for houses: 28-->2 but "Yes" for houses: 30++

Guess what? I'm not in 30++ 😉

StreetView shows different telegraph poles. One serves houses 28-->2 and another serves houses 30++

Now, Sky Checker say Yes - I can have a high speed fibre based connection, but BT say I cannot have Infinity.

So I called Sky, and their sales staff say there is a £50 charge for OpenReach to make the connection. Fine, Happy!

Why can't BT tell me this? Just a plain No.

How do I get a definitive answer about my line?

Why will Sky send out OpenReach to make the connection while BT tell me: "computer says no"

How do I get my line 'checked' ?

Why am I trying to spend my money with BT when I can just go with Sky...!

I'd prefer Infinity if I can have it!

Suggestions welcome, thanks!

Kind regards

ells

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
astar27
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre: Sky Say Yes - BT Say No

cab is in the process of getting upgraded. but nothing is showing as available. go try looking for a greenbox with the number 29 on the side, which is your cab. see if there are any new works.  look out for bt vans etc, all the usual.

0 Ratings
em295
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

thanks astar27,

Do you have access to some special cabinet database?

ells

0 Ratings
Highlighted
em295
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Update: 

So I contacted OpenReach (nga.complaints.or.enquiries@openreach.co.uk) and put the same question to them and the response was:

"I have escalated with our technical teams and they can find nothing wrong.

Could I suggest that if you are ordering from BT retail, that you escalate the issue to them as that is where the problem may lie."

So I called BT and a helpful chap asked around for me, his reply eventually was, "perhaps I am enabled, but the Infinity allocation in my exchange is at full capacity."

meh..

So Sky say they can provide that same address with 40Mbps Fibre - So i'm going see where that goes....

0 Ratings