cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Fibre Speed Dropped

I have notied that my fibre speed has dropped to 30Mbps when it was previously around 45Mbps.  Looking at the BT Wholesale performance test it appears that the  IP Profile for my line is - 32.4 Mbps.  That now explains why it has dropped.  I tried speaking to someone today and they appeared to be obsessed with suggesting that because I wasn't using a BT router that was the problem.  Is there anything that can be done to get somone who understands this type of issue to take a look?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Fibre Speed Dropped

Your profile is based on your connection speed not the other way round so to get higher profile you need faster connection speed
Can you post stats from your router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

I have connected an old Home Hub 4 router to my Openreach modem, the router doesn't give any stats that I can see.  I am going to revert back to my normal router as that it's made no difference.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

All stats are held by modem and unless unlocked are not accessible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

OK thanks, I have raised a complaint but if there is anyone else on this forum who might know what a solution might be then I am all ears.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

have you tried using test socket with a filter even if you have a filtered master socket and see if that helps

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

are you still using modem with your own router?

camn you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

remember allthe speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

I tried the quiet line test last night and it was totally silent.

I am still using a modem with my own router, as switching to the home hub 4 didn't make any difference and it doesn't have a modem built in.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

are you using test socket with filter?

without stats it is difficult but from what you have posted it would appear your connection speed is about the lower end of the dslchecker estimated range

0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

It's definitely dropping below the 32Mbps, it has generally been very good, but I am wondering if something has changed from the house to the cabinet.  It's definitely not the router that's the issue which the BT Chat team couldn't understand which is why I have had to complain.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

if you have a profile of 32.4mb then your conenction speed must be higher than than that about 35mb and just at bottom of range  all speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds

0 Ratings