cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Fibre Speed Dropped

All the tests I have run through both a laptop and mobile using speedtest.net have shown it to be below the 32Mbps.  I have also connected the laptop directly to the router, still same speed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

you are talking about download speed which are not guaranteed   again all speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds not download speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Either way you look at it the download speed has dropped significantly and it's the easiest way to measure what service level I am getting from BT and they aren't meeting their service levels.  Which is frsutrating when I pay for 55Mbps product.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

not everyone gets the max speed hence why you get an estimated range of speed  currently you are at bottom of that range but maybe you can get faster connection speed.   it is up to 55mb not you will get 55mb

I asked before if you are using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your conenction speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

I have just tried using a filter on the phone socket and connecting the modem to the filter but it won't connect, I suspect it's because my socket has the filter built in.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

if you have a filtered master socket yhen test socket is shown by black arrow and you need to remove middle section shown by yellow arrow first to expose the test socket

test-socket-thumb.jpg

0 Ratings
mctottie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Thanks I have tested it with that. Tested before rebooting the modem and then after.  If anything the speeds are slightly poorer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

unfortunately as modem locked you cannot post stats to show conenction

0 Ratings
Corey623
Message 19 of 19

MYBKExperience

@mctottiewrote:

I have notied that my fibre speed has dropped to 30Mbps when it was previously around 45Mbps.  Looking at the BT Wholesale performance test it appears that the  IP Profile for my line is - 32.4 Mbps.  That now explains why it has dropped.  I tried speaking to someone today and they appeared to be obsessed with suggesting that because I wasn't using a BT router that was the problem.  Is there anything that can be done to get somone who understands this type of issue to take a look?

I assume that these are speed tests, in your case though extra information is required to find the cause of the problem.

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If a mixture is a wired connection better than wireless?

It is important to see what your line is actually capable of and what your current download speed is.

0 Ratings