cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edarran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Fibre Speed Dropping

Hi, sorry misunderstood what you wanted.

1st Test

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 26.37 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 14.98 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

I then restarted the modem and got these results'

2nd Test

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 58.24 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 5.99 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

I did do a similiar test a few days ago and did a screen shot if any use?

*Edited by Mod*

0 Ratings
Highlighted
edarran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Hi, sorry misunderstood what you wanted.

1st Test

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 26.37 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 14.98 Mbps

I then restarted the modem and got these results'

2nd Test

1. Best Effort Test: 

Download Speed : 58.24 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed : 5.99 Mbps

I did do a similiar test a few days ago and did a screen shot if any use?

*Edited by Mod*

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 16

You do realise that your resetting the router and running another "Further Diagnostics" test has now overwritten the one that shows a problem?

The only test result kept is the last one performed.

0 Ratings
edarran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

apologies, I did it and then read the instructions which said to reboot it.

Just let me know what I need to do and when and I'll do it 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

when your speed appears poor then run btspeedtester again and post results  that will be one recorded for BT to see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
edarran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Just a progress update, the speed hasn't dropped for several days so will monitor and test if and when it does.  Thanks for all advice and help!

0 Ratings