Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoneblade
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Fibre Speed Issues

Hi all,

Been a BT customer for over a year, have had speed issues since the start.  Told I should get between 62 and 73mb when I started with a min speed guarantee of 62mb.  I was only ever getting around 58.  Engineer came out a few times and said this was max my line would take so was given a decent discount so stuck with them.  With this open reached dropped the min speed guarantee to 56mb.  About a month ago my line speed dropped again to 47mb, engineer came out and pushed up the line to 55 which is below my min, but better than it was.  CHecking openreach site now it says min speed guarantee is 45mb!!!  Complaint still open, they have been doing checks from their end for the past 4 days, connection droping in and out.  But last night it was dropping in and out quite a bit.  Checking WAN logs on BT HH  I can see this morning the sync speed went up to 64mb and then up to 72mb. But now its gone back to 55mb.  Does this mean there is an issue with profiling?  Or was it just fluke it went up to those speeds?  

Screenshot_20190815-063729_Brave.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre Speed Issues

can you post the hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter phone number and post results  leave exchange and cab    https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Stoneblade
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre Speed Issues

Thanks for the reply.

There was no line noise when using that number.

Results for the cab were:

Cab.jpg

0 Ratings