cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Fibre Speeds low

It has been 6 months since we upgraded to FTTC, and we have never been able to get our minimum guaranteed speed.
Several calls to BT and an engineer visit have resulted in a slight improvement, (we were originally gettting 6mb/0.5mb) But I am still extremly dissatisfied with the service I am getting compared to what we were originally offered.

A month ago, the engineer first worked on the line from the cabinet and made checks all down the line, they said they had found a fault fixed it over a few days. Things improved slightly to the speeds I am getting now but still way below our orignal estimate/guarantee. I still complained and a few days later BT sent an engineer to our house where he replaced the master socket and disconected an "old shielding wire"  (for £80...), our speed jumped to 32mb/8mb for a few hours before dropping back down to what we have now.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Tech Log.pngDSL Checker.png
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre Speeds low

Blocking out the exchange is both unnecessary and unhelpful, we can't check for a cab problem. It looks as though your on a  banded profile. Did the engineer request a DLM reset? Your uptime is only 46 mins is that due to you restarting the hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Appologies, first time posting that here and I thought it was private information.

The exchange is Ridgewell (EastAnglia)

Yes DLM  was reset over the phone on a few occasions resulting in speed boosts for a short period of time and the engineer did have it reset during his visit.

Yes, my hub was just reset. I moved it to be conected directly to the master socket with a new RJ11 cable as my parrot just chewed thorugh the last one 😳

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 8

From now keep a stable connection, no resets and your speeds should improve.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

My Appologies, I forgot to mention that the engineer visit was over a month ago and I have been waiting for "improvements" since.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 8

Any noise on the quiet line test? 17070 option 2, best with corded phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Haven't had a corded phone in a while, but I had an attempt anyway.

There is a very faint crackle/distortion but it is near constant so I have always made the assumption it was background noise. But otherwise no louder than normal. It has no effect on regular phonecalls.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 8

It should be silent. Report a noisy line on 151, not a broadband problem.

0 Ratings