cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre activation/installation query

Hi,

Have just returned to BT now that FTTP is available.  Got my provisional engineer (external) visit date, and my go-live date, 24th Sept (today) and 5th Oct respectively.

On the 23rd Openreach engineer (lovely guy) popped over to inspect various bits and bobs and to discuss where the fibre would come into the house.  Told me that different engineer would arrive to run the final bit of ducting from pavement through garden to house soon.  All good.

I contacted current ISP to inform them of imminent departure based on go-live date.  Current ISP cut-off ends 9 days after the fibre go-live.

This afternoon I get a notification BT: "We wont be able to install broadband on the date you wanted. Because of that we've arranged a new appointment for Oct 5."  - which seems a little strange as that was the original date.  Further inspection yields a bit of confusion tho:

5 Oct: Engineer visit for broadband.  This is when our engineer will come to your home and install your broadband.

2 Nov (estimated): Engineer visit - outside your property

Chicken/Egg scenario?  Am I going to have to extend current ISP term to cover until after 2 November? 😞

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre activation/installation query

Give the FTTP team a ring, they should confirm dates with you. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, but I think I must need a secret code to get through - as the number just sends me down the rabbit hole of "Push 1 for something vaguely related to what you want to ask about, ok now choose from an option unrelated entirely to what you want to ask about, and now wait 30 mins in a queue." 😄
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the number posted by @pippincp is the number you need to contact for any FTTP queries/problems/orders.  just need to persevere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings