Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikej101
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Fibre and Ping Speeds?

Hi Folks,

Just wondered if someone could answer my question regarding 'Ping'.

Some days the fibre connection has a ping of 24 or so and then other days it's up to almost 200 ?

I will add - that is using the BT Wholesale Test.

Why is that ?

Would that explain the slow response on the internet ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre and Ping Speeds?

Wired or wireless?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mikej101
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Wired
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Is there a pattern to the slow pings? Such as only at night or weekends?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
mikej101
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Not really. I have been having problems with a random crackle on the phone line - I've had 5 different engineers here and it's only since the last visit that the crackle seems to have disappeared. The last engineer told me he was going down to the exchange - where the cabinet is installed - and he was going to remake all the connections. He phoned to say he had done just that. Since then I've checked several times and there is no noise but each time I check the ping varies as I said in the first place.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Are you only using that one website to test? Have you tried pingtest.net?
0 Ratings