cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre available on street not my house

Hi,

I can see fibre is available on my street and when I do postcode checker some houses on the road have full fibre, however my house does not. It also says no plans to upgrade my area. This is a bit confusing as I know it's available just up the road with the same postcode.

broadband.jpg

Any helps or comments appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre available on street not my house

The postcode checker is the most unreliable.  If you are currently a BT customer use the phone number, otherwise use the address.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for the response. I have checked the address and the phone number results are in the picture above. Both say it's not available. Just wondering how typical it is that houses on the same street have fibre and some don't have the option. Even when the kit is on the telephone poles outside the house? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Looks like they have used the phone number to check as there's an observed speed section which only appears on the phone number checker option.

What's the exchange / postcode - as you can check actual coverage here as well https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I feel your pain. We're moving to a house that we can see from where we currently live. At the moment we have 160mbps Gfast and the new house has a max of 50mbps and no Gfast or fibre with Openreach. We've got other fibre suppliers available but we'll have 8 months contract to see out... Unless Openreach pull their fingers out, we'll be moving when our contract is up

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Well it's the Wickhambrook exchange CB8 - but the issue with that is the exchange says it's not available period. From what I understand FTTP doesn't come from your local exchange and in time these exchanges will probably go away. Lots of conflicting information out there. Don't see why on BT website it says they won't be upgrading anytime soon when it's already here lol! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings