cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimpl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Fibre broadband connection problems

Hi all, I just wondering if anyone could help me please, I moved from standard broadband to fibre but I don't think there is any difference we have the new hub 6 but my pad either slows right down or freezes and have to wait 30-40 seconds for a page to load, I did contact bt about this and was told to go on the hub settings ( via email)and change the channel! Which I haven't done yet as I was told by someone else not to, but was wondering as I don't have my hub connected to anything eg, pad ,laptop etc would this be part of the problem and should I connect it to my laptop if so would I have to have my laptop kept on please , Ps, I have reset via the button on back of hub but no change, regards jim
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre broadband connection problems

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

can you post post stats from your hub. Go to advanced settings and then technical log information 

you our need to test your speed with a wired connection not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jimpl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Imjolly, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I am having trouble with copying the results from the line test but I will try again, ( I am not very good with this sort of thing)but in the meantime could I ask you if connecting the hub to a computer whether it's on or off would make a difference also at the moment my hub is not connected to any computer etc but is on our tv unit on top of the DVD player with our sky box on the bottom shelf and tv on the top shelf would this cause reception problems please. I will keep trying getting the results on here ( will write it all down if need be) all the best jim
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

this may help with image  https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

you can conenct hub to pc whether pc is on or off.  having hub that close to all the electrical equipment might cause a problem but only by trying will you know for sure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jimpl2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi Imjolly, many thanks for advice,will try to move the hub also been told that we have too many wifi things and to buy a wifi extender kit ( he said I am clogging the wifi/hub)so may try that at a later date,but again many thanks. All the best jim
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Don't know who told you you have too many wireless things and a wireless extender kit would fix it but they clearly are clueless so best ignored. So is whoever told you not to change wireless channel.

0 Ratings