Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Fibre broadband

Go to solution

Hello, can anyone tell me when fibre broadnd will be available in the SS3 9LU postcode area?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fibre broadband

Go to solution

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Here's what you asked for.

Broadband Info

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

if that was using your phone number then you can see that fibre FTTC is available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
That shows Infinity available now.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

It may show infinty now but its not Fibre optic! I only wanted broadband and after ringing to cancel my phone line i was told "We don't have fibre in your area at the moment but we are rolling it out across the country so you have to keep your phone line".

Hence my question "can anyone tell me when FIBRE broadband will be available in the SS3 9LU postcode area?"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

If you mean FTTP - fibre right to your home then that is not going to happen  you have FTTC which is what most people have which is fibre to the street canbinet and copper from cabinet to your home giving you an estimated speed of 62/44mb and 14/9mb up speed

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for clearing that up,very interesting! So when BT says I'm getting fibre It's another one of those grey area's That BT and other company's like to play "bend the rules". I'm not actually getting fibre,the street cabinet is. Not great if the copper from the cabinet is a long way away degrading my signal to when it finally gets to the house.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Blame the ASA who didn't stamp down on the terminology in the early days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

the further from cabinet the lower the speed  your estimated speed is 62/44mb which must be a big improvement on that you get now

0 Ratings