cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick109
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Fibre broadband

I live in a row of terraced houses 12 in total. When checking to see if i can get fibre broadband it says number 1 and number 2 can but it says i can't at number 8, any ideas why?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre broadband

Who is your present provider?

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive. After removing your phone number, post a screen shot of the results.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If it does not show a cabinet number it will be because you are on an Exchange Only(EO) line. This means you can not get Infinity because you are not connected to a cabinet, instead you are connected directly to the exchange.

Use your phone number. If you don't have a BT number use the address checker. It is more accurate than the post code checker which can cover more than one cabinet.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 6

@Mick109 wrote:

I live in a row of terraced houses 12 in total. When checking to see if i can get fibre broadband it says number 1 and number 2 can but it says i can't at number 8, any ideas why?

Hi @Mick109 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Just to add to the sound advice that @gg30340 has given you;  You can also use this link to contact Openreach about Superfast Fibre availability

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Mick109
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for advice,

I currently have Virgin so do not have a BT line. Below is what came up when i did the address check.

clipboard_image_0.png

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Address SAVILE ROAD, ELLAND, HX5 0LY on Exchange ELLAND

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+

Up to 7

--

4.5 to 11

Available

--

WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M

Up to 7

Up to 1

4.5 to 11

Available

--

ADSL Max

Up to 5.5

--

4 to 8

Available

--

WBC Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

--

Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

--

Other Offerings

Availability Date

ADSL Multicast

--

--

--

Available

--

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

I cannot see a cabinet number so does this mean we are on Exchange Only then?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

yes if no cab number shown then you are connected direct to exchange and therefore no fibre broadband available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It would appear that you are on an Exchange Only Line. When I checked some of the other addresses in your street they also came back as showing fibre was not available. Only number 1 and 2 showed that they were on a cabinet.

If you know your neighbours you could check with them if they have fibre or even a BT phone line and carry out the check on their number. That at least would confirm if it is an EO line.

0 Ratings