Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomo28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Fibre cabinet full less than 72 hours of going live

Go to solution
Hi,
Fibre recently went live on my estate of 330 houses. When I saw the activate stage on the fibre planner I was literally checking website every time I used my my phone. At some point on the afternoon of 28th of December it went to accepting super fast orders. I placed my order as soon as I saw this.
I heard nothing for three days, just that my hub will arrive on the 4th of January. My neighbours who order a day and some two days after me had activation dates. I phoned BT three times over the course of the three days and they assured me everything was OK and I should be activated on the 8th, just waiting for the engineer to confirm.
Yesterday I log onto my BT to check the status and my account was updated at 3pm, the cabinet is full and I am on the wait list!!
How is it possible I've missed out? I'm positive 288 people (cabinet capacity I think) did not order it before me.
I assume now I have to wait months/years now for it to be upgraded?
Is there a small hope that there was just too many orders and all the engineers slots are taken up?
My account says it'll be reviewed again on the 21st January but if it is full no one is going to leave and make a space available that quickly.

Apologies for the lengthy post I'm venting a little bit.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre cabinet full less than 72 hours of going live

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Its unlikely that Openreach fully equipped the cabinet to start with, so your order should be fulfilled when Openreach add some extra cards, which they will do, as there are pending orders.

Tomo28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I wasn't aware just because the cabinet can take 288 it is not equipped to take that many straight away. Is that the case?
Hopefully they can just add another card and not have to start the build process all over again.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
When a DSLAM is put in they won’t always necessarily Activiate all the Fibre Cards in it.

It could be that the first couple of Cards are now full and Openreach will just need to Activate another one.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Tomo28 wrote:
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I wasn't aware just because the cabinet can take 288 it is not equipped to take that many straight away. Is that the case?
Hopefully they can just add another card and not have to start the build process all over again.

See reply from @Starwire2000

I would expect its simply down to cost, as there is no point in Openreach spending money filling a cabinet with cards, and not getting enough orders.

As you were on the list right away, you should not have to wait too long.