cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markob53
Contributor
Message 11 of 27

Re: Fibre checker says i can get less than when i originaly signed up

Just to clarify i have the SuperFast Fibre 2 Unlimited package. When i do a check on the main website it gives me these results, which now i realize is just SuperFast Fibre and not '2' but that's the best it offers me even though i have a better package.

BT2.jpg

Doing the check on the availability checker shows these results. The observe speeds almost seem to be inline with the package shown above, could i be getting a slower package despite my account saying otherwise? or could i be incorrectly signed up to 'Fibre 2' when i shouldn't be able to get it. Like i said the fastest speed i've ever seen has been between 59 - 60Mbps and even though the speed went down when i changed hardware i have still observed speeds in the past of higher than 50Mbps but never close to 60Mbps. 

BT.jpg

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 27

Can you post the line stats from your home hub please

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

It doesn't matter what package you are on, you are not reaching the sync speed of Superfast1 package in any case.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 27

@licquorice 

using openreach modem and asus so unless modem unlocked may need to put hub back on as I suggested and see what speeds that generates - and can then post stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

@imjolly  been a long day 😀

0 Ratings
markob53
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

I'm not reaching sync speeds of SuperFast 1? Really? Not sure if sync speeds are the same as regular speeds but i thought my speed was inline with SuperFast 1. Interesting.

I've just connected the HomeHub and here are the stats.

stats.jpg

Speed tests about the same, 47Mbps, not sure if they would creep up if i left it connected longer though.

Just to provide more information the OpenReach modem is the following. 

BT Openreach NGA ECI-CPE-MODEM TYPE 1FTTC VDSL ECI B-FOCUS V rev.B  Genuine Modem

B-Focus V-2FUb/r Rev.B  MODEM - NGA ECI-CPE  - TYPE 1B

If that means anything to anyone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 27

Exchange and cab number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 27

Your data rate is currently approx 51M which is below Superfast cap of 55M, your potential maximum speed is approx 58M

The ECI modem doesn't support G.Inp as far as I'm aware, you will get slightly better speeds with the hub but to be honest I'm not sure you will notice the difference in the real world.

0 Ratings
markob53
Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Exchange POULTON-LE-FYLDE is served by Cabinet 4.

58Mbps was basically what i was getting the day got BT installed and did a speedtest on my phone, not seen those speeds since i changed hardware and actual speed tests currently give me 47Mbps, i'd probably be happy if i got more consistent speeds over 50Mbps.

Would replacing the modem with one that supports G.Inp bring my setup more inline with the performance of the HomeHub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 27

Unfortunately not as you are on an ECI cabinet which definitely doesn't support G.Inp.