cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: Fibre checker says i can get less than when i originaly signed up

So is there nothing i can do to bring speeds back to the 58-60Mbps i was seeing on day one? Just seems odd that i've never experienced those speeds in the last couple of years, surely something must be off.

Would replacing my ECI modem with a Huawei HG612 do anything at all even though i'm connected to an ECI cab, maybe they're more reliable? and because they can be unlocked easier and firmware can be flashed that could bring improved performance, i'm clutching at straws at this point.

Could be something to do with the router itself which might mean asking the question elsewhere.

Think i might have to admit defeat on this an accept the speeds i'm getting.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 22 of 27

I think you'll have to admit defeat.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 27

Hi @markob53 ,

As posted by @licquorice crosstalk could well be causing your speed drop. 

This link explains :-

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 27

I appreciate the help but does this explain why the online broadband checker (for new customers) says i an unable to get Fibre 2 when i am clearly signed up to it? 

Crosstalk my well be the issue but still seems like the timing for my speed drops relates to when i changed my line/hardware.

Don't think i'm ever going to get a resolution with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

anyone can sign up to superfast fibre 2 but that does not mean you will get superfast fibre 2 speed just you will pay that package  price

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 27

I agree but like i said it doesn't even give me the option to sign up, it doesn't even tell me it's available to sign up even if i wanted to.

Last time i put my postcode in it told me i could get Fibre 2 (Infinity 2) and i signed up to it (and got 60Mbps) if i was moving into the house today i'd only be signing up to Fibre 1 based on what it's now telling me.

If the results aren't based on what you can get in your area then why would it not tell me i can get everything (including Fibre Plus)

It's almost like the speed in my area has dropped somehow and the postcode results now reflect that change.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

@markob53 wrote:

It's almost like the speed in my area has dropped somehow and the postcode results now reflect that change.

Exactly, the speed has dropped due to crosstalk and the checker results reflect that.  As I said previously, the checker results are dynamic and reflect reality.