cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Fibre connection (FTTC) to all properties around us, except us

I believe it to be 5 or 6 years old.

Very odd the developer wouldn't kit our and the unit behind us with this - everything else is modern, and a similar development a block behind us does seem to have FTTP.

That being the case though, what are the options to engage with OpenReach now? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Message 2 already has a link to Openreach , MDU are not easy to retro fit with fibre though practically as well as permissions , it’s much  better done as the is constructed, not afterwards, but your situation is retro fit or remain on copper.

It’s not clear if OR proactively contact MDU ‘owners’ about retrofitting FTTP , or wait until an occupant or freeholder contacts OR , fill in the formwize on the link provided it may start the ball rolling

Message 13 of 14

Doing a quick check reveals that the road for said cabinet serves as a private road (and presumably this may be a factor why only ADSLx broadband services are available to you)

That could be the cause - we are on the corner of the "private" road (just a normal access road so no real idea why is is considered private) and the main road.

Thanks for the links - I'll give them a try.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Yep, just saw the link above. Hopefully it leads somewhere.  Even just connecting us to the cabinet used by the rest of the main road would be a major step up - FTTP would be great, but anything is better than the <10MBps I've been getting.

Thanks for that advice.

0 Ratings