cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
detouf
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Fibre enabled in area but still waiting almost a year for it.

Hello all,

I've applied for a BT infinity 2 back in August 2017, I live in Isle of Dogs and the Cabinet is 61 (Poplar).

The engineer arrived and told me there is no capacity for me and I should contact BT. So I did that immidietly. They told me my case would be handled by a case manager and so it did.

Every month they tell me that they going to call me next month to tell me how Openreach is progressing with the upgrades...Same thing 10 months now. They don't really tell me anything other than "yea they are working on somethin". Openreach website and BT website says my house is ready for Fibre. Now most probably 2 things are happening here, either Openreach has poor fella doing all the digging and upgrading the cabinet for the last 10 months or BT is lying to me.

I'm currently with 5mbps which means if someone is on skype or netflix I can't even play online or vise versa. netflix quality drops all the time and it took me 1 week to download Doom from steam(and then another patch came out which was 10gigs -_- ).

Funiest thing is that before I move in a new house in August I was  living two blocks down the road and I had fibre.

I called them many times to ask for more information and since I cannot contact Openreach itself(convinient) I'm stack with talking to BT and so far they've proven unreliable. So I was wondering if any of you fine gents here can shed some light into what is going on ? When the upgrades are going to finish or if they actually done anything about it?

My patience is reaching its limits. Greater London...2018...still 5mbps and still paying £31 . I had 5 mbps in 2005.

Sorry for my rant I have nowhere else to turn to.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Fibre enabled in area but still waiting almost a year for it.

there is nothing your ISP Bt Retail can do to increase capacity as that is entirely up to openreach

enter your phone number and see if anything in notes  - post results remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
detouf
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hey imjolly,

From the looks of it, I can have fibre.

Thanks!

This is what I get:

VDSL Range A (Clean)8071.3201963.3Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8067201952.8Available--

--

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Looks good 😊 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
detouf
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

hehe Ikr?
Now to solve the mystery of why I'm waiting 10 months xD.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Try phoning options team on 0800800030

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@detouf What does the checker say in the text below the table of results? It is there that it will let you know if the cabinet is full as the table results let you know what your line can support but not if the cabinet is full or if there are any plans in place to add more capacity.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
detouf
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Hey Neil,

This is what it says under the table

“There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 13-Apr-2018.”
0 Ratings
detouf
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Actually here is the entire text:

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 13-Apr-2018.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@detouf by any chance was that the original Infinity connection date? If it was then it sounds like the order is still on wholesales system.  

I can't make any promises but you would like us to take a look at this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings