Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre hub

Go to solution

👍👍

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution
Well you would think that as OpenReach are the experts they would have at least queried positioning the ONT in a cupboard with a boiler that generates a lot of heat.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

@Shep469wrote:
Well you would think that as OpenReach are the experts they would have at least queried positioning the ONT in a cupboard with a boiler that generates a lot of heat.

Perhaps but, at the time of fitting the ONT, the cupboard may have been bare!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Okay so let’s think logically shall we, builders have plans, so do OpenReach engineers, I know this as I was a PM for a well known telecoms organisation. So even if a cupboard was bare at the time, the plan would say “boiler cupboard” what it wouldn’t say is “hey guess what, this space is going to be for erm let’s think... housing a tomahawk missile”   Get my point? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Are the ONTs sited in the same location at all the properties or just yours?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

I’m not sure really, My property is end terrace  next to a few social houses and I think maybe they just throw these houses up. The property was already built and I bought it as new but had no say in its construction and I think that’s the issue, my partner has just subscribed to BT fibre on another estate abs and she was asked where she actually wants it. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Openreach may not know that the ONT is fitted in the same cupboard as the boiler if the developer opted for self install.

2020-10-25 22_14_02-How to build a fibre network - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

0 Ratings