cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mep69
Message 1 of 3

Fibre in my road

Why is it that there are some houses in my road connected to Cabinet 20, one that has fibre optic as well as being a attached to the telegraph pole that is acctually directly outside my house. Yet im connected to Cabinet 47 which is attached to a pole that is further away from my house. The logic here is non-existent, we've have been waiting for fibre in our road (which is in the heart of town) for 6 years! 

This is getting beyond a joke, and when i've tried to speak to BT about this i've been told to contact openreach, then openreach has told me to talk to bt.
When are you going to get your acts togeather. I'm tired of excuses!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre in my road

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre in my road

It will have been done that way because it was the easiest option for Openreach (or BT, or maybe even Post Office Telephones) at the time.  Perhaps there were no wires available at cabinet 20 at the time your house was wired, and so they just connected you to a handy nearby pole that connected to a different cabinet.

Openreach are very unwilling to re-route their phone lines just because customers want it.  It can cost them a lot of money for no real return.

0 Ratings