cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre installation nightmare

Hello, I have just joined the community, hopping that somebody will end this nightmare of mine.

I'll try to keep it short, but this has been going on for more that a year now!

I have a property with 3 different contracts, two broadband and one landline for alarm service.

A year ago I have been told that fibre was not available, but a few weeks ago I managed to book a fibre installation on both broadband lines (the fibre was actually at the gate post, but not recorded in the system!).

On the two lines, I have been offered two different packages, one as an upgrade and one as a fibre package, different speed and different cost, but I thought "let's just get the ball rolling and look into it later".

The engineer turned up and ordered a dig to pull a rope in our existing duct, for the fibre cable. The digging team turned up, dug a hole in the garden and found that 10 meters away there was already an access box, so this was all a big waste of time.

When they tried to push a rod in the duct, they found a blockage, so decided to design and order a dig to connect the old duct to a newly dug duct, to bring the cable from the pole to the property.

After saying "We'll probably be back in a couple of days", obviously they never came, time passed and no fibre at the date it was estimated.

Today I checked my bills and found that I have already been charged for fibre in one contract, while the appointment to fit the other line has been postponed to SEPTEMBER! (both lines should feed from the same fibre cable anyway, so it makes no sense)

Also, another different engineer just turned up, totally oblivious and had to leave after 5 minutes because he couldn't pull the cable in the duct that has not been dug!

This is beyond acceptable, BT comes out as a really unreliable company, but very efficient in taking payments!

Please help! Thank you!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre installation nightmare

are you a BT business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

No, I am a private user with three lines at the same address (two separate properties).

Broadband1 - offered upgrade to fibre1

Broadband2 - new package to fibre2

Landline - dedicated to alarm system

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

BT have no control over the install, that is Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

But BT is responsible for invoicing me for a service that I didn't get, don't you think?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

yes that id why you should phone the BT FTTP for help  you have no contract with openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings