cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre installed at address but post code not linked to it

Hi,

I recently moved into a new build, it has a fibre modem installed. When openreach installed it they registered it to the street address but our new builds now have there own post code so i think thats were the confusing is. So when i type the new post code on the BT website it isnt picking it up, please can some help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre installed at address but post code not linked to it

if you intend to use BT for your fibre broadband then contact the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 who should be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

thank you for reply. I have contacted BT 5 times in last week and no success, openreach need to re register the modem to our new post code

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Is the PON light on the ONT lit ( steady green ) , if it is , then really all the ISP needs is the serial number of the ONT to identify that particular device on the PON , if you want to use BT , you could call the FTTP team and they may be able to raise an order manually, (  the regular customer service reps  cannot help, but the FTTP people usually can )

OR before the building is constructed, are given the plot numbers by the developer ( presuming the developers were in touch with OR early in the development ) when OR fitted the ONT they primarily look for the plot number, there can be issues with house numbers and plot numbers being mismatched, but the post code is relatively insignificant at the stage the ONT is fitted .
Obviously, a mismatched post code could impact getting an order raised with an ISP if the postcode is incorrect on OR’s records , have you checked the information the Post Office have is correct, as that is the basis for OR’s records.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Guru,

Yes the PON light is solid green. I did speak to someone last week from BT and gave them the SN of the modem and the address new post code, also the address is register with the Royal Mail. It just seem im not getting anywhere

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Sorry, we can't find results for your address at the moment

We're updating our systems and we hope this will be fixed soon.

This is what i keep getting on the BT website

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@coolman2534 wrote:

thank you for reply. I have contacted BT 5 times in last week and no success, openreach need to re register the modem to our new post code

was it BT CS you contacted or the actual FTTP TEAM?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings