cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre optic broadband - adjoining neighbours can get it but not me

Hi there 

I live in Bristol and all my neighbours can get Fibre Optic Broadband whilst I can't. Is this a mistake; I live on a standard 1930s style street and I have a telephone post (where Fibre Optic has just been fitted) right outside my house.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre optic broadband - adjoining neighbours can get it but not me

Might be a database error, my road didn't update on the DSL checker until I moved my line from TalkTalk to BT for some strange reason.

I would contact Openreach https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband and if no luck there, use this form https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband-availability-customer if you explain the situation, they should be able to give you the reason and if it's an error, might update their database. They normally reply within a few days. BT Retail can't really do much if the database says you can't get it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@scottrc  How do you know it is a database error? Has the OP used the DSL checker to see if FTTP is available? Why do you think th BT DSL checker should list the numbers of other providers? Is the OP with another provider?

@Rodder  Enter your number HERE and post the result. Remove number before posting.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@pippincpplease don't put words into my mouth I said "Might be a database error, my road didn't update on the DSL checker until I moved my line from TalkTalk to BT for some strange reason." This was my personal experience with a database error with BT's ordering system. It would not allow me to order FTTP until my number was moved onto a BT line.

I'm guessing BT use their own availability checker when taking orders and Openreach supply them with the information when fibre is ready and the fact is the OP could not get FTTP and as we are on the BT forum, I'm guesssing they tried to order via BT.

"Has the OP used the DSL checker to see if FTTP is available? Why do you think th BT DSL checker should list the numbers of other providers? Is the OP with another provider?"    What is this? The OP stated they can't get FTTP. The rest of what you wrote is putting words into my mouth. I gave my own personal example.

I then supplied a link to the Openreach fibre address checker, that will confirm if it is available to them or not, with a list of providers. I also supplied a link to an Openreach form that would allow the OP to ask them for more information in case it is not, as the OP stated their adjoining neighbours can get FTTP.

@pippincp Don't try and create arguments over nothing.

0 Ratings