cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpriteWuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: Fibre optic cabling from exchange to cabinet

speed coverage.pngbit of a location reveal...but the speed differences amaze me...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

Now I've looked at the photo on a large screen rather than my phone, I don't think it is an AIO cabinet, just a copper PCP. Possibly the DSLAM cabinet is to be added later. Unfortunately the site that normally provides such information doesn't think Cab26 exists yet so I can't check dates! Not sure if @pippincp  has access to different information.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 27

Unfortunately I only have access to the same info regarding DSLAM cabinet additions as @licquorice .

Highlighted
SpriteWuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Adding fuel to the fire at this point, but why is this available if it provides no connection?fuel in the fire_edited2.jpg

0 Ratings
SpriteWuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 27

According to some search results on Google, you can start your own ISP, but after seeing the prices that have been paid, maybe not feasible for 200 or so households.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 27

Have you looked at this option? https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/community-fibre-partnerships

As regards BT Wifi with FON see here.https://btfonpurchases.com/en/products

SpriteWuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

I have looked at it, before, during and after making posts on this forum. Their plans still haven't changed. Apparently they are going to hold us back another year. Only been waiting for 4 years so far...
0 Ratings