cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Fibre order

Hi. Just moved into a new build with fttp 900mb available. I placed an order on Xmas eve and on the same day openreach were here running a new cable to the house as there wast one roped in. My order status says I require an openreach visit as the infrastructure isn't complete. However it is as it was done on Xmas eve. My ont box is installed and I have solid green lights. My bt order just says my router will arrive on 30th and activation will be the 31st. As far as I'm aware there does not need to be another openreach visit, and the service can be activated by bt remotely. A neighbour who uses a 3rd party router placed his order and had it activated the day after. Is there any reason bt themselves don't seem to think they can activate me before the 31st? And why they might be saying I still need infrastructure installing when openreach themselves told me its all good to go?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre order

If your order was placed before the ONT was installed The system would not know it was there.

Make a note of the ONT serial number and ring the FTTP team 0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 7

If you have solid green lights on the ONT setup a PPPoE connection and see if it connects.

Can only fail at worst.😉

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 4 of 7

I placed the order after the ont was installed. The site wouldnt allow me to until it was in. The outside cable wasn't installed until the day after. 

Also I tried the PPPoE connection and its not working. I get error 651 or something. I have an old home hub 5 plugged into the ont at the minute as its the only router I have with a wan port. Its not connecting either

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If a PPPoE connection isn't connecting there is zero chance of any router connecting either.

Best give them a ring and check where your order is at. 🙂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Was the Openreach install simply coincidence, and not a result of you raising an order , often the ONT on a new build property is installed by OR before the householder gets the keys.
As already stated, you could try setting up a PPPoE session ( so you don’t need to wait for the router to arrive) , but even though the PON light is lit , that doesn’t necessarily mean that you will have internet access, the advice to ring BT’s FTTP team is probably the only way to potentially expedite your order , but given that the 28th is a Bank Holiday , the29th is probably the earliest date you could contact them, and even if they respond positively, you are possibly still only 1 day before the date you have already been given.
I think it’s unlikely, but it’s possible your access is set up already, try connecting directly to the ONT to find out.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi. I tried connecting directly to the ont box on a PPPoE connection and it gives me error 651. The ont box and cabling was supposed to be installed before we moved in but the site manager was an idiot and didn't have it sorted. It wasn't coincidence as it was raised with the site to get the cabling and ont box installed ASAP. I called the fttp team who said they cant expedite the order any faster than 7th of Jan. However my online order tracker says activation is the 31st. My main reason is that I'm back at work tomorrow and working from home. I thought as long as ont was green BT can activate you remotely as soon as an order is placed.  Y other concern is that the router has been sent royal mail. And in my area post is roughly 2 weeks behind due to a covid outbreak in the sorting office. We even had post men delivering yesterday and today so I may not even get the router in time for activation. Does the home hub 5 even work with this connection?

0 Ratings