cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre speed different from same cabinet? Similar Distance

The Fibre speeds in my flat are nearly half the speed of the flat down the hallway (their front door is 3m away from my front door). How can this be possible?! Is there a way to get my connection speeds increased? 

My flat: 

KirstieRP_0-1646662746892.png

Neighbour's Flat: 

KirstieRP_1-1646662819447.png

Any information or suggestions would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre speed different from same cabinet? Similar Distance

That is is not fibre speed, it is just an estimate of fibre speed. What are your actual speeds as reported by your hub?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I'm moving into the address soon - and therefore do not have a connection in this flat. However, I'm petrified as the speed offer is so much lower than the flat next door. One thing I'd like to mention is, I check the BT broadband deals last week and they were offering a min guarantee of 60Mbps+. Would you know why it would have changed today? They are offering 18.5Mbps min guarantee today 😞 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

There is currently no actual information for your proposed flat unlike the the other address which will have more a more accurate estimate.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

So my only option is to accept the min guarantee for a 'x' month contract? Feels kinda **bleep**ty... But will do if this is the only way
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

There is no way to know what your actual speed will be until you connect. There's nothing you can do anyway, all providers will be the same speed.

You can cancel within the 14 day cooling off period if you are not happy.

0 Ratings