cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScoobyDoo03
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Fibre speed dropped today to about 42Mb, was 67ish

Been with BT for a longtime and always had good connection and speed which was usually 65-70mb. Today I noticed at least a couple of drops and losing my connection. 

I did a speed test and found that I was getting approx. 40-42mb which I found that another forum member had similar.

I was given free speed increase from the 36mb up to a possible 76mb in the Summer and all appeared good until today. 

I did the BT Wholesale test and it says my line can only support about 45mb max whereas before it said about 70 and I was getting high 60's. 

Is this a case of the speed increase being removed, a fault, BT changed my line and now I'm stuck with the slower speed?

I tried 3 times with the overseas online support and tried to complete the tests after they sent me a link, none of the tests were able to be completed. I did the test from the weblink in the other posting of only getting 40mb now and below are my results. Any help anyone please?

Broadband.JPG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre speed dropped today to about 42Mb, was 67ish

can you post stats  if hh5 then troubleshooting helpdesk and if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

have you noticed drops in connection  or manual resets trying to get speed back

BT have not removed your upgrade more likely you have a line problem

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ScoobyDoo03
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I have not noticed anything like dropouts until today. I do use it a lot for streaming and thought maybe they are limiting me for this?

I don't have a corded phone in the house, maybe in the loft and do have noise using a cordless phone though.

Screenshot from the HH6 below:

HH6a.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you can hear noise on your line then that is a problem for your broadband  to be sure it's not your internal wiring you need to try quiet line test from test socket with a filter and if noise just the same then phone 151 and report phone fault NOT broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings