Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 1 of 31

Fibre through loft to router

Go to solution
Waiting for second part of fibre connection. We already have the fibre run to the front door via overahead wires but location I want of the router the only way to get ther is up side of house into loft then drop down through house/ a void.

I am more than happy to run the cable/crawl about in loft if engineer just stands outside and feeds cable up

Does this sound feasible? I read that you are allowed upto 30m of fibre and I know it will be less than this

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: Fibre through loft to router

Go to solution

I doubt very much if Openreach will let you do that 

0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution
Why not?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Because you possibly don't have a fibre connection. What part of the installation are you referring to as the first part?

What have you had installed?

0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution
We have had a plastic pipe not a thin cable ran via an over head pole to the front of the house. Why do you say we probably don't have fibre?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution
This is clearly an FTTP installation.

The honest answer is that it really depends on the engineer and what they're prepared to do. If they won't do it, I doubt you'd have grounds for complaint as I would class it over and above a regular installation.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution
Thanks Webby

It I said actually quite a simple route and sounds harder if you have read what I have written

They state will run 30m and as said I will do all work with him just guiding.

Think it will take about 10 mins to pull it through. I know this as I have run the existing phone line/ broadband wire this route on my own

As you said as long as engineer is half decent and tea/ coffee offered should be ok

Next job I have is just to get them here as they have not bothered turning up for first two appointments.

Which they where as good as sky! Brilliant service from them recently and even work Saturdays
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution
Sky use the same Openreach engineers (albeit not the fibre skilled engineers you require for this job)
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

As the connection from outside to inside a building is via an EZ Bend Fibre Optic cable then who will make the connection on the inside of the property? I cannot see the engineer allowing you to do it.

It is not just a matter of passing a cable of up to 30mtrs in length. Could you post a link of where you got that information as I have a feeling that refers to a data extension for FTTC.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution
I fully agree pippincp I would also be interested to see that information about the 30 mtrs as well
0 Ratings