cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Fibre through loft to router

Go to solution
I've also heard of the maximum internal fibre run too.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution
By sky I mean tv we cannot get sky broadband and I am away that open reach would run the cable / fibre
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution
The open reach guy that ran the fibre to the house said 30m plus along with this in the email from bt

On the day, your engineer can run an uninterrupted fibre cable (up to 30 metres long) to your home Hub from the box on your outside wall. This cable can only go along walls, both internally and externally, but not under carpets or floors - they may also need to drill some holes (as carefully as possible)
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution
I never said anything about make the connections! I would just aid in running the upto 30m of fibre
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

I think the best/only thing to do with this is when the engineer comes to your property, explain to him/her what you want and be guided by him/her as to what is or is not possible because at the end of the day it will up to the on site engineer to make it happen. 

Lingwood
Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution
Generally my thoughts. I guess most people just have it through the front door / hall area but my house is a bit spread out and I need it central to cover for not only wifi for normal broadband but also for my sky q and 3 mini boxes
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution
the other alternative is to have the ONT near the front door and run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the hub located were ever you want it in the house
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution
Yes a possibly, but if can get fibre there isn't that best?

I am sure a tea and or coffee will smooth the way

Biggest issue I have is just to get them here to do the work after they have cocked it up two Fridays in a row.

Going to book a Monday next time! Lol
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution
you will see no difference
0 Ratings
Lingwood
Contributor
Message 20 of 31