cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laura2
Message 2 of 3

Fibre to home issues

I have recently moved into a new build property and have fibre to home directly, I have just purchased the internet, phoneline and Tv package.

The the optical fibre box is connected to a white bt box under the stairs which has an ethernet point as a separate socket into the wall underneath it and a phone point as a separate socket underneath.

When the enginner came to turn on the fibre he plugged a telephone cable from port one to the socket underneath, and an ethernet cable from port 1 to the socket underneath. I have taken these out and done the below.

Ethernet Port 1 goes into the router WAN - Internet is working with router under the stairs.

Telephone port 1 goes into the telephone. The phone only works when connected to telephone port 1 directly and not any other phone points in the house.

Tv needs to connect to router but tv needs to go the living room (not under the stairs!) How do people solve this?

I have a media box in the living room with an ethernet point and a phone point there too, I was hoping to use this point to put my router then connect it to the tv. 

Please can someone advise if i have set this up right or if there is something else I need to do as I thought every phone point and ethernet point in the house would be useable? If it should be working and its not is it a Housing developer issue or BT issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
laura2
Message 1 of 3

Fibre to Home issues

I have recently moved into a new build property and have fibre to home directly, I have just purchased the internet, phoneline and Tv package.

The the optical fibre box is connected to a white bt box under the stairs which has an ethernet point as a separate socket into the wall underneath it and a phone point as a separate socket underneath.

When the enginner came to turn on the fibre he plugged a telephone cable from port one to the socket underneath, and an ethernet cable from port 1 to the socket underneath. I have taken these out and done the below.

Ethernet Port 1 goes into the router WAN - Internet is working with router under the stairs.

Telephone port 1 goes into the telephone. The phone only works when connected to telephone port 1 directly and not any other phone points in the house.

Tv needs to connect to router but tv needs to go the living room (not under the stairs!) How do people solve this?

I have a media box in the living room with an ethernet point and a phone point there too, I was hoping to use this point to put my router then connect it to the tv. 

Please can someone advise if i have set this up right or if there is something else I need to do as I thought every phone point and ethernet point in the house would be useable?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre to Home issues

Welcome to this user forum.

Please read this thread, as it may help https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/FTTP-and-newbuilds-phone-and-tv-problems/td-p/1...

0 Ratings