Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan2018
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Fibre to pole

Go to solution

We have had FTTC supply for a number of years and Fibre has just been installed on the local poles. I'm not sure of the technical options now. Is there an option to just connect the copper to my house to the fibre at the pole or is it necessary to replace the house connection with fibre as well? I appreciate still having some copper in the route may be slower but I'm not sure how my house wiring could be changed. What are the effects and speed options?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fibre to pole

Go to solution

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

see if option of FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan2018
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes there is  definitely FTTP with a new fibre cable to the house available. The question is can my copper from the house be connected at the to the fibre at the pole without the need for recabling to the house as that might be tricky. It may not give the maximum speed but enough for me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

if you get FTTP then that is new fibre cable from pole to your home and and new equipment fitted in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alan2018
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry to be confusing. The question is still is it technically possible to have a connection made from the house by my existing copper to the fibre on the pole not by a new last link by fibre to the house. It may be slower but better than FTTC.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

no  FTTP is fibre to the premesis - as I said it is a new fibre cable to your home no connected to your extisting copper

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@alan2018 wrote:

Sorry to be confusing. The question is still is it technically possible to have a connection made from the house by my existing copper to the fibre on the pole not by a new last link by fibre to the house. It may be slower but better than FTTC.

There are no electronics at the pole, there is no interface for copper it is just a fibre splitter/combiner. An ONT which is an optical/electrical interface and modem is fitted in your house to convert the incoming fibre to an RJ45 presented electrical signal.

0 Ratings