cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Fibre to premises

I have had FTP installed on Monday with speeds apparently capable 990mb and minimum guaranteed 450mb. At times my speeds on some devices go to under 10mb and my PC is 40 to 50mb. I was told it might take 10 days to settle down but as things stand I way off the minimum, has anyone had similar will speeds increase? Also my BT isn't functioning and sometimes doesnt log in and doesnt recognise my broadband as being installed, even says due to install 23rd Dec so not sure this is an issue?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre to premises

There is no 'settling' period with FTTP. Are you testing with a wired connection or via wifi?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

the engineer installed to my hall not main room where tv is so can only use wifi. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No ISP guarantees wifi speed, there are too many variables. You need to test with a wired connection to check your line is ok.

Message 5 of 6

Ok thanks, On a call now with help as seems I have another scheduled appointment 23rd Dec so if so asking to move the installation to the main room so I can have a wired connection to my tv and then speed test
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I'm surprised the install engineer didn't ask where you wanted the ONT located, they usually do.

0 Ratings