cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre to the home slow speed

I upgraded from Sky fibre on Friday, wifi is attrocious now in comparison, multiple blackspots in the house now even with the disc (coverage was much better before).  Speed wise I average 100mb down and similar up.  Same via ethernet.  This afternoon I have seen speeds of <5mb.  The connection also drops regularly, often losing the connection to devices (eg. Surepet catflap, which was solid with sky).  Half of my smart home devices are now useless as wont connect.  I am hoping this is teething problems but so far I am very diasapointed to be now paying more for slower service.  Also doesnt help that I can use the online account facility as the account number is not issued.  I did call up and aparently it cant be given over phone so sending me a letter, seriously in this day and age a letter that takes a week!

Giving it another few days before I consider cancelling the service.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Use a third party router, such as asus or t-plink, connect it too the ont, and runnyour tests from there. The sh2 has a confirmed issue with 900mb and throttles speeds to half. Note the fing box may not be able to keep up, so a good router with built in controls. Good luck
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Is the official word then to get what you pay for to obtain alternative equipment.?

Any chance could help out with tge acronyms, sh2 and fing box. Also link yo a decent router.

Cant state how **bleep** it is being provided with such poor equiment if thats the case.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

You should really create your own thread for this.

SH2 is Smart Hub 2.

FIngbox is a piece of networking equipment being used by the person who's thread you are currently posting in.

The Smart Hub 2 is more than powerful enough to handle gigabit speeds so no need to purchase your own equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Slow speeds will remain a mystery for now then (all be it very annoying and hate being ripoed off). Thanks for extra info and dont want to hijack OPs thread.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Just checked my service status. I have a fault logged to my account stating 'BT retail servers fault', but what does that mean for me?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

I’m on full fibre 900 and only really achieving 400/500 tops even when connected with a PC directly into the ONT. I’ve tried raising it through support but not been very successful getting help with the issue.

If anyone has ideas on something i could try or how i could better diagnose the problem?

0 Ratings