cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fibre unavailable at my property

Hi,

I have just moved into my first home and have been trying to set up fibre broadband (which is available at my postcode - up to fibre 2 when I check availability on BT website) but have been unable to do so. Apparently only copper broadband is available to me, but both neighbours can have a fibre connection from BT and it is just my house that cannot. 

Is this a regular issue? How can I go about installing a fibre connection as BT told me they can’t send an engineer to install one. 

I am pretty stumped as to what to do next, I presume there is no real reason as to why I cannot get this? I know the previous owner used Vodafone broadband and am waiting for confirmation as to what service they had and the speeds they got. 

Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fibre unavailable at my property

Enter your address and post results. Remember delete address when posting

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Probably waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

0D7CD71F-AD9E-47BE-85ED-E9672666638D.jpeg

4E3D73CE-A6A6-4629-8BF6-195888AAFAFB.png

Thanks for your reply - Hope these are the results you need. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Looking at checker you will be able to get FTTC.  You are going to need to get your phone line conencted first and probably adsl and once connected upgrade to fibre FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Is it the case you can see that FTTC is available, and that what you are trying to order , but are unable to do so.....the FTTC isn’t showing waiting list, so it’s unclear why you are unable to order FTTC, but  if the previous occupant hasn’t properly stopped their Vodafone service, that could be what is stopping you getting service quickly , as effectively there is already working service at the address.

Service can be taken over provided the previous occupant doesn’t object, but a delay is built in to the process of around 10-14 days, in case it’s a mistake,  and you have no authority to take over the line...basically the previous occupant is sent a letter to the address, saying someone want to takeover the line, because they are no longer there , the letter goes unanswered, the idea is that if it were an error ( say you used the wrong address on your order ) the opportunity exists to stop the takeover, obviously it isnt a good situation for you , but ( if it is what’s causing the problem ) it’s the person moving out and not contacting VF that caused it .

The  10-14 days is the window  the letter is given to be answered, in no reply to the letter in that time it’s assumed you have the right to the line, ( because the VF customer didn’t get the takeover stopped , ) and your order can proceed, even if the VF customer still hasn’t advised VF he has left the property 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your reply. Here are the results from the two properties either side of me:

1C9C448E-59F3-4B7C-9A43-7224A80B0FCB.jpeg

02991129-4B13-4905-BB01-F22B24B222F6.jpeg

The property is not a new build, just new to me; sorry for the confusion!

One of the agents I spoke to today did say they have received confirmation the previous service is to be stopped, and they tried to submit an order for both a new line, as well as taking over a previous line but neither would work. Perhaps as you say it could be a built in delay?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I thought when you said your neighbours had fibre you meant fibre to the premises , but on re reading , I realised it’s FTTC , so edited my original reply.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for your reply - seems bizarre that the agents I spoke to today suggested fibre wasn’t available at all! 

They did offer adsl broadband, but as both me and my partner work from home, it is far from ideal. 

0 Ratings