cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moscool
Beginner
Message 11 of 30

Re: Fibre upgrade for Exchange only lines (EANAR)

Go to solution

An update regarding OpenReach in London. Not good news I'm afraid:

- BT OpenReach could install a small cabinet in the basement of our building (80 flats) but want £15k !

- Alternatively tehy could do this in the exchange but it's not a priority, so expect over 18 months' wait (IF it happens)

- Contacted Ofcom who informed me that it's not part of OpenReach's legal obligation therefore they couldn't help...

Anyone has other news?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

They could not install a cabinet inside the exchange, it has to be outside. OFCOM rules.

0 Ratings
Moscool
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

I was under the impression this had been superseded... Anyway, they could always install a Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet on my street (I'm 100 yards from the exchange and I can see a green box from my window....) Example on this page:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm

Still don't know what it would take to nudge OpenReach

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

I ran a search for "Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet" and this was the only result.

Has anyone got any experience of having an exchange only line being moved to one of these cabinets please ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

there are psts on the forum where customers on EO lines have been moved to new cabinets built outside the exchange but there is no schedule just appears when openreach decide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

there are psts on the forum where customers on EO lines have been moved to new cabinets built outside the exchange but there is no schedule just appears when openreach decide

The problem with that, is its only of benefit to those living near the exchange. If you are on a long EO line, with a low speed, its not going to help.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

Thanks for the reply imjolly.  My query was prompted by the "Combined PCP & FTTC Cabinet", installed on the outskirts of the village, due to go live next month.  This will reduce the length of the copper and was wondering what speed improvements other have seen.

I'm also slightly curious as to how the existing lines will be connected to it ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

are you sure you will get connected to new cabinet as openreach do not normally re-route existing conenctions

is this new cabinet just outside the exchange?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

are you sure you will get connected to new cabinet as openreach do not normally re-route existing conenctions.

I hope so. Quote "This will involve connecting premises to a new all in one (fibre combined with copper) cabinet to be installed in the village."

is this new cabinet just outside the exchange? No, the cabinet is in place and located at the north end of the village.

See here also: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc-cabinets.htm#combined_cabinets

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

are you sure you will get connected to new cabinet as openreach do not normally re-route existing conenctions.

I hope so. Quote "This will involve connecting premises to a new all in one (fibre combined with copper) cabinet to be installed in the village."

is this new cabinet just outside the exchange? No, the cabinet is in place and located at the north end of the village.

would have clarified if you had posted that initially

there is no way you can tell your possible connection spee until actually connected  this graph give some idea depending on line length from cabinet  original.png

0 Ratings