cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre with BT Halo 3+

I currently have Fibre with BT Halo 3+ and have a double socket where the phone and router connect in separate sockets, I am moving house shortly and the new address only has a single socket. What I am trying to ascertain is.... will this single socket be sufficient for the broadband package I currently have?. I have spoke to BT and they have told me it will work but I am sceptical. As far as I am aware I only have copper wires not fibre, so I am also unsure how it is classed as fibre broadband.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre with BT Halo 3+

You just need to use a filter to provide a broadband and phone connection from the single socket. Blame the ASA for allowing FTTC to be called fibre broadband.

41lgHn0Q-tL._AC_.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi

thank you for the reply, does the microfilter have lower speeds than the double socket?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

No, it performs the same function externally as the the double socket does internally. You can always change the master socket for a filtered socket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi

as it happens I need to move the socket in the new house from the kitchen to the living room, where do I get a filtered socket and installation instructions

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

You can get them off ebay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzIR0UkasU 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Google NTE 5 and filtered faceplate

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have googled as described however the socket in the new house is one of the small ones which is about 50mm square and the faceplates that are shown from the google search seem bigger

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

May I politely suggest you employ a reputable tradesman (possibly ex BT/Openreach) to perform whatever is required.

0 Ratings