cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre with landline package

Hi everyone,

I am moving to a new address and the two broadband options I am looking at are BT Fibre 2 and BT Fibre 100 (not full fibre). BT Fibre 100 is only available if I go for a package with a landline. Can anyone explain why this is? I also understand that the BT Fibre 100 package might require an engineer to visit / installation of a box on the outside of the house (?) (but the Fibre 2 package doesn't). However, as neither are full fibre, I'm confused about what installation might be required for Fibre 100. Can anyone help with this? Depending on the type of work / installation that may be involved I might want to go for the faster connection.

Thanks,

Charlotte

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre with landline package

Is you new home a new build with fibre ONT like below or is it existing property with existing broadband connection FTTC?

ont-pon.jpg

Fibre 100 is normally FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It's an old house so I think has a FTTC connection? We're not moved in yet so I'm not familiar with what boxes/infrastructure are in place at the address at the moment. The BT package(s) that show as being available are BT essential, fibre 1 and fibre 2 without a landline or BT essential, fibre 1, fibre 2, fibre 100 and fibre 250 with a landline.

Thanks,

Charlotte

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

from your description of what is available the fibre 100/250 are G.fast and still uses the existing copper cable and master socket which may need updated.  should not require any box on outside as that is for FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Put the details of the new property in here for a better idea of what's possible:

BT Broadband Checker

Telephone number is preferable or address if you don't know it. GFast, like regular FTTC, is reliant on distance to the cabinet & it's not unheard of for BT to offer to sell packages that can't actually be achieved.

As for the phone, you may find that if you start the order process you an deselect it at some point.

0 Ratings