Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 77

Re: Fifa - A new theory what is causing the LAG

spluff

I appriatiate your frustartion with this and that you are desperate to seek a solution but has this not been done to death with all the other threads you have participated in and the testing already done by BT. I don't think you will get BT to do anything further with this.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 22 of 77

@gg30340 wrote:

spluff

I appriatiate your frustartion with this and that you are desperate to seek a solution but has this not been done to death with all the other threads you have participated in and the testing already done by BT. I don't think you will get BT to do anything further with this.

Very politely fobbed off.:smileyhappy:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 77

@lowei wrote:
Very politely fobbed off.:smileyhappy:

Not fobbed off, just stating the obvious. I think if there was going to be a BT answer to this it would have been forthcoming by now.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 24 of 77

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
I'm talking about the connection to Sky's equipment in the exchange viz http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/cablelink/cablelink/downloads/GE...

GEA Cablelink is used by BT Wholesale too. It's just the connection between the ISP's network (21CN/TT/Sky etc) and Openreach's NGA. Will be an ECI/Huawei Layer 2 Switch (depending on which make of cabinet the fibre is connected to).

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 25 of 77

I don't think there's any harm in what spluff is doing. At the end of the day he has a problem he wants fixed. People giving input on here might help him fix the problem.

If the mods don't see this thread as constructive, spluff should start one on TBB where it won't be removed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 77

I never said there was any harm in what spluff was doing I was only commenting that he shouldn't hold his breath waiting for BT to do anything about the problem. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 27 of 77

@-AndyH- wrote:

@legitimise_sailing wrote:
I'm talking about the connection to Sky's equipment in the exchange viz http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/cablelink/cablelink/downloads/GE...

GEA Cablelink is used by BT Wholesale too. It's just the connection between the ISP's network (21CN/TT/Sky etc) and Openreach's NGA. Will be an ECI/Huawei Layer 2 Switch (depending on which make of cabinet the fibre is connected to).

So you now concede the connection is to Sky's equipment in the exchange lol

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 28 of 77

Why do you always look for confrontation? I was trying to help spluff, but instead you've injected yourself into a thread where you've added zero value.

Sky/TalkTalk and other LLU ISPs have to have their own backhaul. Where they have an exchange presence, they will have their own equipment - this is obvious. I have not said anything to contradict this.

They **do not** have their own FTTC/FTTP/FTTCoD exchange equipment.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 29 of 77

...yet. GEA has a five year life.

I have provided a guide on using Wireshark to find lag.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 30 of 77

Im not sure if BT can or will do anything.... I am just providing further information I recently found and how someone was suffering the same issues has now eventually found a solution by changing the ISP, albeit it was ADSL not fibre....

I wish I could try out another product and see if it works but unfortunately all come with lengthy contracts and I still have no clear idea that this would resolve my issue.

0 Ratings