cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 77

Re: Fifa - A new theory what is causing the LAG

I report on another thread, I can't remember if it was one of yours or another thread,about this, that a BT customer resorted to "downgrading" to ADSL with BT and the problem went away so it is not exclusive fix get to Sky ADSL.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 77

With reference to providing wireshark/network captures, I'm not entirely sure that as a customer we would be able to access the right people who'd be able to firstly look at the traffic and make a determination as to what might be happening, then to actually be able to make remediation recommendations and then follow up to ensure that what is happening with the traffic is what appears to be happening.

From my experiences with BT support 1st/2nd line network people aren't the people to be dealing with network captures, and it's plain OR/wholesale aren't interested in hearing about anything negative.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 33 of 77

So if you want to play FIFA without problems get ADSL?
What a contradiction.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 77

@lowei wrote:
So if you want to play FIFA without problems get ADSL?
What a contradiction.

So how do you work that out! All that has been said is that two people who had a lag problem no longer have a lag problem when they used ADSL. It does not say that you have to get ADSL to play the game without problems.

You make no mention of how the thousands of people who play the game on Infinity and don't have any problems what so ever manage it with out being on ADSL. 

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 35 of 77

is the hardware different in everyones local green box? e.g. someone on btinfinity in another location is fine he is using x hardware, whereas im using y?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 77

@lowei wrote:
Bias

I agree that you are bias, not surprising if this affects you.

Fortunately I don't play games so I don't care one way or the other about whether it lags or not but I do care that people who are having the lag haven't found a satisfactory solution.

I also think that for the people that it is affecting downgrading to ADSL should not be answer. 

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 37 of 77

Your posts are not helping the OP.
And you are bias towards BT
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 77

I can see that all your posts on here have helped no end.

0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 39 of 77

Have tried in all the previous posts about lag with FIFA.
A bit off constructive help would be nice as you are a distinguished Guru?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 77

If you have read all the previous posts about lag with FIFA you will see that I have tried to help and I have also not been biased about BT. I have offered "help" where I could as well as being open minded about where the problem may lie. Unlike some people who have posted. If criticism is due I give it.

There has, as I am sure you will  no doubt know if you have read all the posts, been a lot of effort put into this problem and no solution was forthcoming and BT have stated the problem is not in their network. I was pointing this out to the OP and that it was unlikely that BT would expend any more effort into this when you jumped into the thread and started your non constructive comments. So before starting to criticise others, have a look at yourself. 

0 Ratings