cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spluff
Expert
Message 61 of 77

Re: Fifa - A new theory what is causing the LAG

Anyone please help me how to raise a support ticket to try the elevated service please?
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 62 of 77

@gg30340 wrote:

If you have read all the previous posts about lag with FIFA you will see that I have tried to help and I have also not been biased about BT. I have offered "help" where I could as well as being open minded about where the problem may lie. Unlike some people who have posted. If criticism is due I give it.

There has, as I am sure you will  no doubt know if you have read all the posts, been a lot of effort put into this problem and no solution was forthcoming and BT have stated the problem is not in their network. I was pointing this out to the OP and that it was unlikely that BT would expend any more effort into this when you jumped into the thread and started your non constructive comments. So before starting to criticise others, have a look at yourself. 

I think this post will not be looked into because the none BT employees wont flag this as a problem.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 63 of 77

i want to try what was suggested - how do i raise the ticket?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 77

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 65 of 77

fobbed off

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 66 of 77

my gosh how the hell do I raise a support ticket?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 77

I, and it would appear that no body else has ever heard of the elevated support service ticket so unless AndyH, who suggested it can enlighten you I can only suggest that it is the normal fault reporting ticket you get by raising a fault.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 68 of 77

Elevated Best Effort is normally used by businesses who need important services (VoIP/webcam services) to run interrupted at the busy times. The idea being that traffic from someone with best efforts enabled, has priority over the majority of people who do not have this.

Generally, large ISPs like BT Retail would only normally offer it to business customers. But some smaller ISPs offer this for residential lines.

I see no harm in trying this, but the issue will be getting BT Retail to try it. You need someone that 1) Knows what it is and 2) Is willing to speak to BTW to try it as a test for a week or so. 

Unfortuantely, I don't know anyone who Spluff can contact to get this tried. It's unlikely that general support will know what this is or try it.

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 69 of 77

hmmm ok would have been worth a try and if there was a small cost implication would be willing to pay if it fixes the issue
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 70 of 77

I would imagine the "small cost" would be a business contract if you want that type of SLA.

Why Andy even mentioned it as a solution on a residential forum is beyond me.

0 Ratings